Parents need to notify the school office everyday that students are out from school. Starting in 2023-24, the district has adopted the Parentsquare notification/tracking system for attendance reporting. Parents report absences/tardies through the pinned form on ParentSquare feed (Absence/Tardy Form). The form can be accessed via ParentSquare, West Valley website, and the CUSD website.
- No more absence voice messages/emails to the school office.
- Every parent must have a ParentSquare account. The phone based app is highly encouraged.
- If your child is out for multiple days, please be sure to report his/her absence every day that the student is out.
- For reporting absences for more than one day (travel, etc.), please fill the Report of Absence form on the CUSD website.
- Office notification does not automatically make an absence excused.
- If your child has a fever, diarrhea, or is vomiting, please keep your child at home.
- Students returning to school should be symptom free for 24 hrs without medication.
- If your child arrives after 8:15 am, they must report to the school office for a late slip before heading to their classroom.
- If your child has a doctor’s appointment during the school day, they should not be missing school all day. They can be picked up from the school office ahead of their appointment and can be dropped back after the appointment. Please submit the doctor’s note verifying the appointment/absence within 5 days of the absence.
- An absence for religious participation in religious exercises may be considered excused; please discuss options for such purposes with the school office. Per Education Code, an advanced written request must be submitted to the school office to receive a full day excused absence for participation in a religious exercise or holiday. Failure to provide the advance written request will result in your child receiving an unexcused absence.